Translation

15-07-2004
Lady and Gentleman!!! let's be nice:And everyone else!!
As you can see on the news, we've finaly "finished" the translation!!
I create this topic because I know there must be some mistakes left...
So when you see one, just post it on this topic!! Very Happy

23-07-2004
when asked so kindly... how can i refuse to "show off" my english skills. L'ancien

this is tedious work, Quoi quoi ? I think you know that far better than me since you've already done it once. T'as la tête dure ! I'll point out mistakes (or possible upgrades) only a few at a time. Paix !

I decided to start with the beginning:
    the reception page: [list]this is a possible upgrade you could do since I've heard most english speaking countries use a 12 hours system 22h14 would then become 10:14 pm

Elfie: yes but I think that will stay like that...after all Zliton still works with french hours...

this one, you might want to correct though: "in total" doesn't exist, use "The total number of online users is 23" and "The highest number of online users is 90" (it sounds a lot better this way Wink )
[/list:u]
    Next comes the Members list:[list]you might want to change "day and hour" with "time and date"
    Forum page:[list]something you didn't translate. (missed it, probably) show/hide the forums (it feels weird, but i can't come up with a better translation)
    the ACCOUNT section (not count, account. count refers to counting, account is used like in bank account)[list](in profile section) something else you forgot to translate: Langue -> language

in the profile[edit] section, there are also a few things:[list]I don't really know why you wanted to use 2 different expressions for the 2 notify choices (please use "Notify me of new private messages", it sounds better)

in the avatar control panel, you could improve it (your sentence is ok, but sounds weird) with "it (the picture) mustn't be more than 140 pixels wide and 140 pixels high, and the file size mustn't exceed 20kb"

in the interface colour section, please change "text cell 1 (or 2) colour" into "cell 1(or2) text colour" because the color you refer to is that of the text, not of the cell

Elfie again: okok, I wrote that... we'll make the changes when we can

next time, i'll try and see if I can find any mistakes or weird sentences in a few FAQs... Diable
Do you really want me to post it here, or would you prefer me to send it to you directly, elfie?

by the way, feel free to contact me if you want someone to crosscheck your translations. I'll always be happy to help

24-07-2004
found a few other things:
    in the zlitonian section: shouldn't "reserve" be translated "storage" or "storage room"

when you want to sell something, you forgot to translate "le prix le plus bas actuel" by something like "lowest price on the market"

I'm correcting a few mistakes in the "friendship FAQ" right now. I'm doing it with a .doc file. Should I send it to you? It would really be a bother to copy it in this forum.

Oh! and one last mistake i've just noticed while typing this post: you didn't translate the Alignment choices (by the way, I've just learned something: justifier Arrow justify. The other choices, you should know)

Sorry, but forgot one thing: you've translated moderateurs Arrow moderetor, but you didn't translate administrateur (was it on purpose?)
[Edit Elfie] well... there isn't any administrator yet! L'air de rien
[Edit Finndo]what about in the other forums....

have fun changing all that online... That must be really tedious work...(sorry Pardon ! )

Dernière édition par finndo le 25-07-2004; édité 1 fois

24-07-2004
jeeez b*** b*** b***

incidentaly MR SMARTY PANTS its moderator, not modereter as you put it Very Happy

24-07-2004
Ptitom a écrit:

jeeez b*** b*** b***

stop swearing. by the way, i'm a man... So if you really want to swear, you might want to find a better insult than that one.
[Edit Elfie] here, he's not swearing anymore...
he sure is english... only english people (and kids) use that word that much. They think it's some kind of ponctuation...

Ptitom a écrit:

incidentaly MR SMARTY PANTS its moderator, not modereter as you put it Very Happy

instead of correcting my mails, could you correct all the mistakes in this website? It would be soooooo kind of you, wise guy... (and so much more usefull) And stop calling me smarty pants, only my mother is allowed to call me like that

Dernière édition par finndo le 24-07-2004; édité 2 fois

24-07-2004
mmmh Mmmghhh I just saw something...
finndo, if you're so keen to translate, and to show how good you are... Why didn't you ask to do the translation, 2 months ago, when the Great Prophet Niamor asked for someone???
because you were already there, weren't you (verb)
I think that what bothers us is THE WAY YOU SAY IT... Tss tss
If you could try to be a bit less...pretentious...humhum Oh...
don't worry I appreciate the work you're doing... it's all a matter of.. presentation I would say...

24-07-2004
i didn't do it because at that time, i was busy with my exams... so i didn't really know there was some translation to be done...

24-07-2004
by the way, in english, b**** is used both as a insult for women AND another way of saying somebody is moaning about something

for example

My wife never stops b****ing at me to wash the dishes

finndo never stops b****ing about the translation

and i did put a Very Happy at the end of the post. Try and develop your sense of humour

[Edit Elfie] to stay on the subject (mmm I'm sure that's not the way to say it... :mmhhSmile I've deleted the next 3 messages... (oh my I better stop... I'm to tired to speak propely... any language) sorry for the writers Diable
(to finndo, yes useful)

21-11-2004
Errr, why the translater wrote "Reply with quote" ? In french, there is only "quote", then, we can write it in english too, no ?
Indeed, we have "citer" who means "quote" and NOT "répondre en citant" who means "reply with quote"... Weird and unuseful no ?

I found a sentence which wasn't translated : "Afficher les forums". It must be translated in "Show the forums" no?

21-11-2004
There is many things not translated yet... as you can see Niamor is really busy and haven't got time to take care of that for the moment... sorry Wink
(if you check none of the mistakes pointed by finndo has been corrected yet)

As for the "quote" I don't think that really matters, does it? This part is made for the english people and they won't see the difference unless they use the french part. Well that's what I think. But if that's really a trouble we can change it Wink

21-11-2004
No no, but i thought that : if they go to others forums and than there it's write "quote" only, maybe they could be happy to find it back here. But it is only a supposition.

Errr... Someone wants that i search the mistakes for the italian section ? I can speak Italian too...

15-01-2005
It seems that the 5th level is not translated yet, am I right? Wink

15-01-2005
you are totally right... we haven't had the time to do it yet... sorry...

30-01-2005
Hi Elf!

When I go to see my profile there is a mistakeâ?¦ It is writing Zlibestof: 18 fois. I think it should be Zlibestof: 18 times. No?

An other mistake: (Oh I don't know the name in English) To make my message more beautiful, the button to put my tense in the centre or in the left or in the right... are writing in French, arenâ??t they?

I think it's all for today.

See you later!
Répondre