English/French

20-07-2004
If you want to try your french... or if french wants to make you speak french... (gosh just a bit complicated) Slurp
well you can post the links here and ask your questions and... well... talk...lol
this is the only topic of the english forum where you're allowed to write in french... and only english people... If I see a message in french posted by a french user... I just delete it without notification... (gniak Diable )

21-07-2004
Bonjour, j'mappelle Tom
J'habite in (à)Newbury, avec ma famille. J'ai un frere et une souer (soeur). J'aime mes amies, ( rob, lola and elfie! Very Happy ) et j'aime aller au cinema. Je suis (j'ai)15 ans. Mes Lecon prefere sont francais et dessin!

aurevoir

[Edit Elfie] ooooww I didn't want to correct the mistakes... but that's for your own good Ptitom... pleeeeease forgive me Pardon ! but hey Tom, It's wonderful.. I'm impressed!!

21-07-2004
welcome everybody !

Elfie i'm not quite sure to understand :
If you're english, you can write in french................can you
But if you're french you have to write in english .
Perhaps french people can't write here ?
I'n lost.................help

[Edit Elfie]my fault... french can write here... but still only in english.
English can write here in french and english! hehehe

21-07-2004
Je connais (sais), tu (celtos) dois parle en Anglais, mais je doit parle en francais. (parce que elfie veut que (parceque Elfie le veut)! elfie est une diable! Diable )

21-07-2004
Yes!!! That's it Tom!!! woaou I can't believe it! someone understood what I meant!!
(I can bet that isn't the right was to say it...) Oh...
I'm the Devil here!!! gniark!
ow Am I really?

Dernière édition par Elfie le 17-10-2004; édité 1 fois

22-07-2004
Je plaisante, naturellment. Tu n'es pas une diable, tu es une ange!

(that was prety much the right way to say it! and what does gniark mean??)

[Edit Elfie] well... it's a sound really... I'll show you tomorrow! Mr. Green

22-07-2004
no no no !
I know her, she's not an angel, she's worse than the devil, she's a hobbit !! Peur
so... run away !

edit : pippin62, if you knew... Soupir

Dernière édition par Urwendi le 22-07-2004; édité 2 fois

22-07-2004
Hello english people!!! I'm french and I try to speak in english....

Elfie isn't an evil... She's a nice girl! you can trust me...

22-07-2004
Elfie a écrit:

[Edit Elfie]my fault... french can write here... but still only in english.
English can write here in french and english! hehehe

hey! I'm french, with an american mother: therefore i'm also american... should i speak french, english, german, spanish or greek? Diable Pété de rire

or maybe i should just leave you alone and go back home.
I know, the exit is this way... Arrow

22-07-2004
aaaaaaaargh!!!! hum hum hum.. well... you're using zliton in french... aren't you?!
so I'll say that you have to speak english here!! L'a du mal lui Slurp

Dernière édition par Elfie le 22-07-2004; édité 2 fois

22-07-2004
thanks, elfie. that's what i thought...

by the way, if you'd like to get english lessons, i think my mum would be pleased to teach you Wink
when you're using the verb to be in the first part of the sentence, you should say "aren't you" instead of "don't you" Nan nan
that's something you could try to do at your level... There's also a tense mistake in the last sentence too, but i'll let it pass... Pété de rire

But to be honest, you have a very good english level for a french... Smile

22-07-2004
he's sooo cute... Broie du noir
hey mate try to open your eyes, Elfie LIVES in england, she speaks english every day, so that's not you who will tell her how to speak... especially about a mistake witch isn't really one Tss tss

22-07-2004
ok I changed it... happy? Comprends pas...
well as Urwendi said.. I live in england... I work there... since October... Ptitom can tell you...
and I've done the translation of the site... which is not perfect of course... but still... not too bad I heard... nevermind.
don't tell me that you don't make mistakes... even in french... Z'allez écouter ! Broie du noir

23-07-2004
Urwendi a écrit:

he's sooo cute... Broie du noir

you're so kind I think i'm going to blush Surprisedops:

Urwendi a écrit:

hey mate try to open your eyes, Elfie LIVES in england, she speaks english every day, so that's not you who will tell her how to speak... especially about a mistake witch isn't really one Tss tss

Hey, mate, open your eyes, living in the country helps, but I can assure you it won't make you perfectly fluent, even if you stay in the country for 20 years. I can hear my mother making tremendous mistakes every day in french even after she's stayed here for 25 years or so.
The other thing you should know is that it really IS a mistake not to use the proper verb in that part of the sentence. And people WILL notice. But they would shut up and let you make that same mistake over and over again. It's something french schools teach you in 5eme, so I thought i'd warn her about it.
Elfie might very well be living in england, but i've been speaking english every day for the last 18 years, so I DO think I have the right to correct her when I feel like it. This was a mistake she could stop making, because there is a simple rule to help you chose the appropriate verb. The other mistakes she makes (and I already admited she didn't make a lot of them) are difficult to correct and depends on the meaning she wants to put into her sentences. Chosing the proper tenses is really difficult, even for a true english person, that's why i'm not going to correct her tenses even if I should: only time can teach her what tense to use.
Now, if you want to keep scolding me because I want to help her improve, please feel free to do so: I'll go away and leave you alone... But be sure I won't think very highly of you anymore.

sorry you took it so badly.

23-07-2004
Elfie a écrit:

ok I changed it... happy? Comprends pas...
well as Urwendi said.. I live in england... I work there... since October... Ptitom can tell you...
and I've done the translation of the site... which is not perfect of course... but still... not too bad I heard... nevermind.
don't tell me that you don't make mistakes... even in french... Z'allez écouter ! Broie du noir

Yes, I always make loads of mistakes, but I thought you'd like to improve, so I pointed out a mistake.
I'm going to start using your english version of zliton, so, in a few days, I'll tell you if I find anything that bothers me.

have a nice day

23-07-2004
Ce n'est pas vrai! Je ne connais pas elfie! Laughing

(Elfie! 22 days until edinborough!)

23-07-2004
relax guy.
we're here just to help the new english zlitonnian to improve their french !
And just a little bit to improve our english.
I'll make surely a lot of mistakes, but it's does'nt matter;
I'm sur i'm right..............please, we share the same planet : Zliton

23-07-2004
@finndo: I don't really think you telling me I make mistakes bothers Urwendi.. but ... let's say that it was the was you said it. What we understood was "hey look at me I speak english soooo well and I will show you that you can't do it as well as me, and I'm the best...etc"
I don't know, maybe you didn't mean to say it like that maybe it was just a lack of tact...
I hope so.

for the english zliton... well yeah feel free to tell us! (remember that I wasn't alone to do it lol). If you find something (you will probably) write it on the appropriate topic! Wink

@Urwendi: ooo I think I've found the Mean Witch of enlish.zliton!!! Diable

@Ptitom: L'air de rien but but but... Who are YOU anyway????
(22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool )

@celtos: yes exactly.. let's move on! Very Happy

LONG LIVING TO ZLITON and its prophet Niamor!!!

Dernière édition par Elfie le 24-07-2004; édité 1 fois

24-07-2004
am i the only english person on the whole of zliton?? i think i am....sweeeeet

27-07-2004
Warning: This message might be writen in very ....very ....very very bad english, because i used to listen it not speak it so....

Well, I think I will often come speaking with you, (because i have to improve my english, and as you see, i have a lot of work to do it!!!), can I???

* I'm sure that no one could understand me, I suck Confused
Répondre