A Story of Sentences

05-02-2006
BOOH!
Welcome good Zlitonians To the Zlipub.
As most of you are French (me included I confess) I had the idea of this little game that will allow us to do some Role-play even if our english isn't perfect.
Here are the rules:
- Only post one sentence at a time. you can put two if one of them is very short.
- Be careful about what the others said in their post, you don't want to contradict them or to ignore what's been said.
- To stop Chaos : we are all telling the story of one character, maybe two. and although he or they will encounter others these will stay in the background and we wont follow them once our principals have left them. (unless they join the party and become principal characters as well. but for our first try I think that we should stay with 3 characters maximum)
- You are allowed to make two post only if noone has posted in 24hours

Have fun!!

05-02-2006
Let's start:

The Moonlight was shining on the surface of the Lake.

06-02-2006
A little background noise of the wave let be hear.

Edit elf: The little noise of the waves could be heard in the background?

[zmegenny]sorry for my poor english, but i enjoy you have understand me!

Edit elf: That's ok!! at least you are trying!! And after all it's a good place to learn isn't it? Wink

Dernière édition par zmegenny le 08-02-2006; édité 2 fois

06-02-2006
Everything was quiet, the only movement was coming from a strange Zlitonian sitting down on the sand.

06-02-2006
He was reading an old book, actually it was a diary.

07-02-2006
He knew it by heart but he was scanning it nevertheless, looking for more clues, more details that he wouldn't have seen.

08-02-2006
He turn another page and see a drawing in the left corner.

Edit elf:Good good, watch your tenses though... you want to use the past (sorry to be a pain...) "he turned another page and saw a drawing on the left corner"

08-02-2006
he'd seen it hundreds of times but this time, under the moon's glow, something seemed to be different...

08-02-2006
The moonshine added to the slight wind coming from the north was making a strange reflection that let appear an unusual mark at this very corner.

Edit Elf: it's "slight wind" indeed (slightly being the adverb) and I think that "let appear" is ok... I'll have to check though Wink

Dernière édition par Mathou le 08-02-2006; édité 1 fois

08-02-2006
He gently touched the mark and felt a strange vibration coming from it.

08-02-2006
A strong memory of olden days... One tear was running down his face.

08-02-2006
He shivered, frowned and tried to find out where, and when, he had felt it before.

12-02-2006
Then he felt himself falling, everything became dark around him.

12-02-2006
La Puce a écrit:

Then he felt him falling, everything became dark around him.

Kind of harry Potter isn't it? Wink

Well anyway, for the story:

Darkness kept (stayed... keep being :"garder") for a time and light reappeared so suddenly that it dazzled the zlitonian and it took him a few minutes until he was able to see that he had arrived in a new place.

13-02-2006
yeah Elf, what's your name ? everybody wanna know, tell us, don't be so shy Razz Edit Elf: hahaha not relevant anymore Cool
pffff

This place looked like a field of zlivegetables at midday but something was strange, sun rised high in the sky but everything was dark as night.

Dernière édition par Urwendi le 14-02-2006; édité 1 fois

13-02-2006
he put the diary in his back pocket and started to walk towards a faint light in the distance, he had been there before, he was sure of it, maybe in a dream.

14-02-2006
By approaching the light, he was more and more convinced that it was not in a dream he had come here, it was sure that it had been real.

Edit Elf: Mmh I think I would say it like that:
"Approaching the light, he was more and more convinced that it was not in a dream that he came here before, it had been real, he was sure of it"
It's basic ly the same I know... but in english you don't use the double past quite as much than in french so it can seem too heavy when you use it too much...

14-02-2006
The light suddenly moved to the right, and another appeared to his left, and another and another ; in few seconds our hero was surrounded by a dozen of moving lights.

16-02-2006
The lights came under his feet and arms and started to lift him off the ground.

22-02-2006
The lights had arms, ears, and wings... they were actually fairies!
Répondre